More than enough

The weather forecast today is calling for 'abundant sun'. After days of rain, some late season snow, and a lot of wind I suppose the good people at the Weather Channel figured we needed a glorious adjective like abundant to describe such a beautiful day.

Dictionary.com defines abundant as 'present in great quantity, more than adequate, richly supplied'. And abundance is used throughout the Bible. God doesn't hold back and just let a trickle of grace through; it's abundant!

If, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.  (Romans 5:17 (RSV))



Grace. More than adequate, richly supplied. Sometimes I think I'm operating under the assumption that God is going to run out of grace. "Well, if you've got enough to go around, God, I'll take some. If not, I'll understand." Nope, his grace is abundant!

I think I'm going to go soak up some of that abundant sunshine while I think about the incredible gift of God's abundant grace. There's more than enough for us all!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts